Nuclear incidents involve detonation of a nuclear device whereas radiological incidents produce radiation without detonation of a nuclear device.
- Victim can have contamination and/or exposure
- Examples: Radiological Dispersal Device (RDD): explosive/non-explosive; radiological exposure device (RED)
Nuclear incidents (blast, detonation, explosion)
- Involves a nuclear explosion (fission)
- Victims can have contamination and/or exposure
- Nuclear weapon detonation
- Improvised Nuclear Device detonation