The State of Louisiana's vision is to produce a hazard mitigation plan update that is an educational and enjoyable read to the average person. Valuable functions of the plan:
- Demonstrates the State's commitment to reduce risks from natural hazards.
- Documents Louisiana's progress in identifying risks and mitigating against the effects of natural and manmade disasters.
- Serves as a guide for State decision makers as they commit resources to reducing the effects of natural hazards.
- Serves as a reference document for local government officials as they develop local hazard mitigation plans.
- Serves as a reference document to Louisiana citizens
Key Points Updated:
- Capability Assessments
- Funding Allocations of Past Events
- State Historic Site Preservation Vulnerability Assessment
DRAFT 2014 State of Louisiana Hazard Mitigation Plan Update
For comments or questions:
Attention: Brenda Cooper
Phone: (225) 267-2523
The State of Louisiana Hazard Mitigation Plan is vitally important to the continued success of the State’s Hazard Mitigation and Public Assistance programs.
Again, your input and participation in this process is extremely important.
Thank you for your commitment to the State of Louisiana! Helpful FEMA Resources